Do you want to join IPIS as a Communication Intern?
The International Peace Information Service (IPIS) is an independent research institute providing tailored information, analysis, policy advice and capacity enhancement to support actors who want to realize a vision of durable peace, sustainable development and the fulfilment of human rights.
About the internship
In the context of new strategic orientations and programmes, IPIS is looking for a Communication Intern to contribute to the implementation of it’s external communication strategy. You will assist the communication team in both strategic and daily activities, and work in close collaboration with the researchers, project coordinators and partners.
Your tasks may include:
- Collaborate with our communication officers and an external agency to develop and implement the work plan for IPIS’ communication strategy.
- Participate in the reflection on IPIS’ visual identity.
- Help revise IPIS’ communication processes.
- Assist researchers and/or our communication officers in drafting summaries, web entries, leaflets, annual reports, etc. Translate research results in accessible formats for various target groups.
- Assist with the organisation of events and webinars.
- Work on advocacy campaigns for IPIS and the Kimberley Process Civil Society Coalition (KP CSC), of which IPIS is a member.
- Assist the communication officers in keeping the internal communication tools updated.
- Participate in the revision of the structure of IPIS’ website.
- Add content to the websites of IPIS and of the KP CSC in both English and French.
- Design content to promote IPIS’ work on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, mailer) in both English and French.
- Develop an Instagram account for IPIS.
- Encourage and assist researchers to share relevant material on their field missions and research.
- Assist with defining press strategies per project.
- Assist with drafting press releases.
- Further develop and update IPIS’ media contacts list.
Research oriented tasks
- Within IPIS’ series “Voices from the South”: review publications submitted by our African partners and collaborate with them to strengthen their research outputs.
- Write or edit briefings.
- You are a master’s student in communication and/or international relations looking for an internship as a part of your academic training or in preparation for your future career.
- You have strong analytical and writing skills.
- You are creative and you have a specific interest in sub-Saharan Africa.
- You are sensitive to the non-profit mandate of IPIS and are able to comply with scientific rigour.
- You are proficient in English (IPIS’ working language) and French. Knowledge of Dutch can be an asset.
- You have good attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- You are available for a minimum of 4 months (ideally 6 months).
- The successful candidate should have the right to work or study in the European Union.
What IPIS can offer you
- An internship based in our office in Antwerp to acquire an experience in a fast-paced and inspiring environment.
- The guidance of a supervisor.
- The facilities and assistance to have a fruitful and enjoyable internship (laptop, IT support, administrative support).
- Internships are unsalaried but IPIS provides a living allowance.
To apply for this internship, please send a letter outlining your motivation and availability together with a recent CV to Laure Gerig.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and early applicants will be prioritised.