Jobs and internships
Jobs at IPIS
There are currently no job opportunities available. Once an opportunity becomes available it will be advertise here. You may always apply spontaneously, as described below.
Internships at IPIS
IPIS offers three main types of internship:
- Through partner organisations (such as the Leuven Law Clinic). These partner organisations use their own recruitment processes.
- Through calls issued for specific projects. These will be made through our website (below), in the weekly briefing, and in some instances through universities networks.
- Through approaches from those with a specific research project that they wish to pursue within our organisation. Such interns can publish their papers as an intern paper publication or in some instances as a co-author.
Speculative applications without a specific research project may be considered on an ad hoc basis.
Internship offers generally involve the following benefits:
- Personal supervision by one of our researchers
- Office space and use of office equipment
- Use of our working library
- Reimbursement of travel expenses within Belgium
IPIS is currently looking for a GIS intern.
You may always apply spontaneously, as described below.
Even when we’re not actively looking for someone or when the position you’d like to apply for is not amongst those we’re currently seeking, you’re always welcome to let us know you’re interested to work or collaborate for/with us. Send a CV, a cover letter outlining your motivation and availability and a recent writing sample (article or paper) or a project (printed map, webmap, or data analysis) you made to Filip Reyniers. Should your application be of interest to us, we will return to you to discuss the matter further.
IPIS welcomes the opportunity to work with non-governmental organisations from our focal region. Such work can take the form of joint research projects or capacity building through editorial assistance, skills / knowledge transfer and training. If your organisation would like to discuss the possibility of such a partnership, please contact Filip Reyniers.