IPIS IS RECRUITING A LOGISTICS & PARTNERS SUPPORT OFFICER, STARTING IN SEPTEMBER
This is an 80% FTE permanent contract.
Job description: Based in the IPIS office in Antwerp, you will give logistic support to the research team, and support the activities of local partners and colleagues.
Position in the organisation: This is an administrative post for an individual who will work both independently and as part of a team. This post holder will work closely with the project coordinators and the office manager, and work under supervision of the director.
Salary: The salary is competitive to the Belgian NGO sector.
- Daily logistic and administrative support to the deployment and training of local field teams and international research missions in the Great Lakes region.
- Logistic organisation of at least three international meetings per year with our African partner organisations, including the arrangement of flights, accommodation and visa.
- Organise and assist training programs with and for our African partners, as part of the execution of various IPIS research projects.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed, to support project management and assist in reporting.
- A higher formal education of at least 3 years
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Good verbal and written command of English and French. A working knowledge of Swahili is an asset.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to the region (in team) is essential
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to engage with partner organisations
Selection process: Please send a recent CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11/08/2019, 5 pm Brussels time. In the cover letter please briefly explain the reason for your interest in the post and why you would be best suited for the position.