This is an 80% FTE permanent contract for a duration of three years.
Job description: Based in the IPIS office in Antwerp, you will give logistic support to the team to help manage our partnerships with NGOs and governments in the Great Lakes region, and support the research activities of local partners and colleagues.
Position in the organization: This is an administrative post for an individual who will work both independently and as part of a team. This post holder will work closely with the project coordinators and the office manager, and work under supervision of the director.
Salary: The salary is competitive to the Belgian NGO sector.
- Develop, prepare and assist training programs with and for our African partners, as part of the execution of various IPIS research projects.
- Daily logistic and administrative support to the deployment and training of local field teams and international research missions in the Great Lakes region.
- Logistic organization of at least three international meetings per year with our African partner organizations, including the arrangement of flights, accommodation and visa.
- Perform administrative tasks as needed, to support project management and assist in reporting.
- A higher formal education of at least 3 years
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience of developing and delivering training and other interactive information sessions
- Excellent verbal and written command of English or French and a good working knowledge of the other language
- Field experience in sub-Saharan Africa is desirable and willingness to travel to the region to conduct field assignments is essential
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to engage with partner organizations and government officials
Selection process: Please send a recent CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 25/08/2018, 5.00 pm Brussels time. In the cover letter please briefly explain the reason for your interest in the post and why you would be best suited for the position.
Those selected in the initial round of applications will be invited to participate in a home-based written test. The test will be organized in the first week of September. Those candidates with the highest scores in this test will be invited for a panel interview at our offices or via Skype, in the second week of September.
IPIS is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of sex, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, age or disability. As such, IPIS welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.